Friday, June 01, 2007

A week after American Idol, in Indonesia unfortunately

Yes, I realize what Pinky has written 'bout a week after American Idol.
But, we also lived in a week after American Idol.

This week, seems dull, but full of surprise.

The beginning of this week, we had a bunch of email talking about our contract expiration. Our team assistant in Jakarta tried her best to convince us to keep working(since she always taking good care of us), and explain the reason why our contract was late(mainly because NSN).

Tuesday, we received invitation from Lampung Tata Kota to discuss about tower sharing in Lampung. All operators should use a common tower instead building its own tower. My boss, Radio Planning, and Backbone planner with Site Acquisition manager than went to Lampung immediately. On transmission, I was left behind to handle the office works.

Wednesday, our office electricity was cut off. Hahahaha what a shameful moment, luckily there was no subcon. It happened because we owed one month electricity bill to PLN(although we already asked to PLN, and PLN said they will give us two months compensation). The number is not too big(compared to other bills), its just about 1.8 mil. Eventough the bill was paid, the mood of our office dropped to almost zero.

Unfortunately, at the same time, Hutch from Medan came. Sh!t, and at afternoon(when I wanted to go home), I was called to present Backbone issue to Hutch. I was furious!!!! I hate backbone issue so much, since it's outside my jobdesk. And to add some sh!t, I was wearing oblong(crew neck shirt from Giordano, buy 3 with special price)! Given the hell, I went to the meeting and talked sh1t. Luckily the Hutch is not as horrible as I think(although I wanted to punch the second guy), and they're convinced.... hoorrraay!

That day I learned, Hutch want 70% of Sumatera sites to be on aired on August.

And that day I also learned how managers tried they very hard to show the good from the garbage(70% on-air on August? It's like wishing upon a dead star-you will get deadly luck instead of impossible luck).

Unlike the look from outside, NSN merger process make all money related matter becomes difficult. The subcons are not paid even for jobs done at phase 1(Java). How could you expect them to continue building site for phase 2? They even have money problem to get the building permit(IMB).

Thursday, the last day, I also was wearing oblong(again because there're still two left, remember 3 at special price?), waiting for complain from my area manager because Hutch was still lurking in our office. But wew... no complain(and I will buy another three with different colour).
At afternoon I received first phone call for high management to ask about BOQ. I made a bit mistake when posted it, luckily no blood was spilled.

What a week, not to mention contract problem(Tetty knows more about it, since I've not yet seen my new contract).