Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Another Dream...

While we were having hotel breakfast in Bali, a "bule" tourist passed by. Shirtless, wearing boardshorts, and carrying surfboard, I was swooning... and perhaps drooling.

And when we were at Tanah Lot, a local guy walked towards the sea and surfed there. I was like oh my gosh who wants to surf here? The beach was covered with reef bank and rocks which can hurt people. But yet there he was, surfing.

It reminds me of the old time dream. I want to be a surfer! Hahaha... I know... I am poisoned by those cool advertisement pictures of surfer, big waves, bright sun and blue sea. But gosh those pictures are so beautiful.

Since I was a kid, surfers are inspiration. I am always attracted to those "cool" surfer brands such as: Billabong, Rip Curl, QuikSilver, etc.
I started learn to swim because I wanted lean swimmer body (like those surfers) , but now I end up with bus-like body. Huhuhu I don't know why. But on the positive side, I am quite confident with swimming, and i learn to love water. And now I am learning to love water outside the swimming pool.

Next year am I going back to open water swimming? Hmm let's see...

I love those short films "I surf because..." published by Billabong. Notice that nobody gives clear answer about why they surf. Perhaps I will say I want learn to surf because Andy Irons inspires me to.


Are we too old to pursue another dream? I dunno...
But Bali ignites something long buried inside. Perhaps I should apply permanent residency to that island.