Thursday, July 15, 2010

Let's karaoke!

Stumble upon this on youtube and feel a little bit nostalgic.



And.....it is from The White Snake Legend, or whatsoever the name of the show in television when I was young! I remember how I was fascinated by the story up to when Bai Su Zhen was imprisoned in the Pagoda. And I lost interest of watching it afterwards because the story shifted to Bai Su Zhen's son.

So it seems that Bai Su Zhen is singing the song to, what seems look like, Guan Yin who is sitting on top of the roof lotus.

I was (am) enchanted by Bai Su Zhen *ahem* prettiness...
A woman who can fly, fight, teleport, manipulate matter, and bring forth flood to destroy a Pagoda.
Shedding skin issue? I think I am open minded enough.

Btw, Here is the lyric and translation:

青城山下白素

(under the Qing Cheng [loose transalation: green city] mountain, Bai Su Zhen [the white snake's name])

洞中千年修此身

(in the middle of the cave, thousand of years train/mend her body)

勤修苦练来得道

(diligently cultivate hardship to train to be competent in morality)

脱胎换骨变成人

(be reborn into human)

一心向道无杂念

(wholeheartedly embrace morale [good teachings/conduct] without doubts)

皈依三宝弃红尘

(convert into Buddha's teachings [three treasures of Buddhism: the Buddha, the Dharma, the Sangha], and abandon world's way)

望求菩萨来点化

(looking forward for Bodhisattva to come and give enlightenment)

渡我素贞出凡尘 x 3

(to bring me, Su Zhen[name], out of this mortal world)


The song is cheesy, but it is entertaining. Actually after this scene, Guan Yin will reply by singing too!