Friday, October 24, 2014

Spain Trip

Ah to write about this recent trip is a mixture of feelings but mostly amazement.

To start with, I have to admit that this trip was an ethical experience itself for me. One can take for example the Cathedral-Mosque of Cordoba. It was a mosque but now is converted into a cathedral. And to take into account it took place in Europe, well history said it didn't happen that smoothly.

So as I was sitting there,  yeah came across a lesson that I learned from work: history is there, but what matters is how someone make use of it.

Perhaps someone can throw judgment that we are a generation so distant from hardwork, conflict, bloodshed, etc. But from every museums, streets, cathedrals, and almost everywhere I can only see the history of how people struggled to live their life and now we live ours. Of course now we have every rights to struggle too.

No one can blame Picasso and Gaudi for having such ugly creations,  I think because they had lived their life. It's their story which make the pieces really important.

And our story? Well I have no plan to stop yet. I'm older none the wiser.