Sunday, January 18, 2009

Singapore, tourist mode: on!

These are calm days before the storm on Monday since it will be my first day of school. Worsened by the facts that I have no idea what to learn, except it will be as weird as nuclear literature (I think).

So why bother, just grabbed the camera and be a tourist! The tourist team consisted of Ci Asiang as tour leader, Ko Budi, and Ko Cungcun (pardon if there should be any typo).

First target should be the icon of Singapore, the Merlion. Truthfully it was my first time taking picture with it. Well I live in Indonesia but I don't have any picture with Monas either =(. Crossed it everytimes I headed to Gambir (alighted at Monas TransJakarta bus-stop, and then walked along Silang Monas to Gambir), but it never crossed my mind to picture with it. What an ignorance person I am.

Me! With Merlion!

I was quite surprised to find out that Merlion Park is not too far from where I live now at Chinatown. Guess I'm still fresh out from the village anyway =).

The second stop was Buddha Tooth Relic Temple at Smith Street. With the same spirit as Singapore, the temple is glamor with numerous luxurious facilities : elevator, basement parking lot, air conditioned room, but in the other hand also heavily commercialized.

Buddha Tooth Relic Temple

Picture above is my favorite statue, I ran and breathed "wow" when I first saw it. It is very simple yet very beautiful, as if the Buddha really floats in the thin air.
Pictures uploaded to my flickr.