Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Celebrating Small Achievements

In a good mood today (tonight). Really, just series of small events which can brighten up the day. As any jobless person, I also embrace the same principle, you have to boast anything that sells! And on the positive side, to always remind self to maintain the winning streak.

My BMI(Body Mass Index) is 22.79(weight: 71.4 kgs, height: 177 cms). It falls back to normal category! Wohoo wohoo... since my BMI on March 2008 was 26.17 which fell into overweight category. Even Ridho said "Hey.. you look fatter" (very sensitive indeed) when I was meeting him to hand over IF01's wedding trophy.

The problem with my weight is yoyo-ing syndrome. It can go up and down in just few months or so. On my first year at ITB, I lost 22 kgs in total (from 86 to 62). Even my mom was afraid that I started using narcotics or something like that. In facts it was result from laborous "orientation" activities.

And now, my personal goal is to reach BMI: 20! Sigh, nearly 3 points more to go, and it means to cut my weight to 65 kgs. To make things worse, this damned country has implemented revision on BMI range (people here are really.. really ..heavily addicted to sports) which makes the healthy BMI range: 18-22.9 from standard: 18.5-25.

The second event is... another person said that my English is good! Bwahahahaha.... up until now, he is the third person who have said such remarks. For me myself, truthfully I feel quite surprised since I still make numerous mistake here and there, and sometimes make me want to slap myself. On one ocassion I even combined three different languages in one sentence:

X : XXXXXXXXXXX (in chinese)
Me: But 不是 今天 kan? (I wanted to say "tapi bukan hari ini kan?").

Plak..plak..plak... so stupid (I was sooooo embarrased)! I even added "kan" Indonesian particle in the end of the sentence.

The credits for my English should go to my former working place: NSN. It was indeed the main reason why I choosed to work for Siemens: to train my English! Since when I graduated, I didn't have much confidence in my English due to lack of opportunity for using it. And with NSN, as I had expected before, I just had to talk, read, debate, and do presentation in English.

To tell the truth, I really..really.. miss working with NSN. It was such a great, vibrant, and fun working environment. Up until now, on some ocassion they still contacted me, we chatted and surprisingly we still laughed together. And to think that now I have friends accross all parts of Southern Sumatera(Palembang, Bengkulu, Lampung, Bangka Belitung, Jambi), Batam, Bali, Padang, Medan, that's just awesome!